Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Morning

The last 14 hours have seen a bit of controversy and panic. Our team missed the 830 dark zone cutoff last night by 5 minutes, so we were forced to send out extra runners on the first night leg. But, what was supposed to be our 4th night leg ended up being a morning leg, so Mike rolled off a great leg to keep the gap to 48minutes.

Gary and I headed out for our early 20km leg into Port Credit hills. The fast leg took 1:25 and we cut the gap another 12 minutes to 36. After about 10km into the leg, I realized I'd be really early for the transition, so I called back to base to let Paul know he had to hurry up! There was no way they could get there in time, so I ket on going for a bit and sent Paul off looking strong.

The teams are scrambling to make last minute alterations to the line-up for a strong last day as we lead into the last decisive evening. For our team, Martin, Al, Tarno, David and I lead into the night!

There is a bit of play-by-play on Attackpoint about the morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course they've brought forth juniper berries! They're juniper bushes!