Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blaze Day 1, Leg 2


My first run of the Blaze is done! 23km of racing under my belt, a massage and some dinner and now it's almost time for bed.

Simon Donato and Paul Trebilcock kicked off Leg 1 of the exciting day in Tobermory at 1pm with cameras and film crews documenting the big run. Simon of Team Muscles rolled into CP2 on the beach 5 minutes ahead of Paul to send off Scott Ford ahead of me. The first 10km were very technical and took 70 minutes! I took it easy since it's still the first day, but that is a slow run! The next 13km took 50!

There was a story in the WFP this morning about the run too. If you don't have the paper, you can check it out here!

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/amateur/winnipegs-goeres-runs-the-gamut-48144352.html

My next run starts around 630am ON time, leaving from the Wiarton Willie statue!

The SPOT is on and off, but you can check for updates below. BLUE = Mito, ORANGE = Muscles
http://adventurescience.ca/blaze/follow-the-team.html

2 comments:

Dave said...

Well done Patrick. It took Pat and I just over 6 hours to hike the section you ran in 2 hours. Nighttime running in that terrain should be real fun!

Phil said...

Cool - I'll be following the your team's progress - Giv'er!