Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 4

The Blaze is over! We arrived in Queenston today at 1230pm.

Yesterday, after the fast 22km leg in the morning, I had another 25km evening run into Hamilton. It was a wonderful way to end up the day on old, familiar trails. I had pretty much run every trail there before in various races and training with a lot of my team mates , so it was a nice memory trip to keep my mind off my tired legs!

A Hamilton Spectator journalist was waiting at the top of Sydenham Rd in Hamilton and caught us in transition. Paul is blazing off with me sporting the stylish (and effective) compression socks in the background!

Today's run was a tired 20km, followed by a ceremonial group run of the last 10km. Now I'm tired, sleep deprived, and wiped. More updates, photos and a recap of the event over the next few days!

Oh yea, we officially broke the old record of 8 days, coming in an hour shy of 4 days for the 894km!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crunchy frog!

Todd Nowack said...

Thanks for the updates. Must have been a pretty cool experience and experiment. When are you going to go for the solo record??? :)
Any idea what is the solo record is?

Patrick said...

haha, solo record? Not for a few years ;)

Not sure what it is. I've heard rumours of some friends taking a run at it this fall.

Glad you enjoyed watching Todd, looks like some awesome adventures in Norway!