Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WOC Training Camp

After the long travel day to Hungary, I am now settled into the Uni-Hotel Miscolc with the rest of the Canadian Team. The team is a bit small this year with only 5 men and 2 women, but everyone is in very good spirits and looking strong! Coach Magnus arrives tonight to complete the Team. I think it will be a good year!

Yesterday, we did two training sessions to get the body going and get used to the terrain and maps here. I felt surprisingly good after the travel! My legs are rested, so the main thing is to kick-start the body and brain, rest and relax before the races. My first race is the Long Qualifier on Monday, so that amounts to two more days of training, one rest day, and one easy day before the race.

Today, we are heading up to the Slovak border for Relay-specific training. The relay is my #2 goal this year as I plan to start off our Team well, arriving in the lead group...something that hasn't happened in years!

We are updating the Team Canada Blog very regularly, so check back often for updates! teamcanadaorienteering.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Phil said...

Sitting in Colorado with 5 more days to go until TR...recovering. Now I can catch up on the blog world - Good luck Patrick!

Miles said...

Hey Patrick - good luck with the sprint. Will be thinking of all you guys racing while I head out for an early morning rock climb on Ha Ling tomorrow.