Saturday, August 22, 2009

2009 WOC Done

With the relay over, WOC2009 is done for Team Canada. I am wiped! Running 3 hard races in 36h was tough. I knew it would be, so I was prepared for a fight in the 1st leg of the relay. But of course, it's a fairly ruthless race and didn't have a great race after losing time right off the start. When you lose the lead group, motivation suddenly drops and you realize how tired the legs are! This was my #2 goal of the year, so I was disappointed and angry at letting the opportunity go. That will fuel my training for the next 351 days.

The Long Final will be run tomorrow, and I definitely feel sad not to be running it. I had mentally and physically prepared to be running it, and it feels like the week shouldn't quite be over yet.

But the silver lining is that we get to enjoy the last 2 days here in Hungary fully in holiday mode. After the race, Louise and Carol greeted me with a kuruskalac (warm Hungarian cinnamon bun!) and beer. What could be better!

1 comment:

Brent said...

An overall success, Patrick.
Well done. Like that you are hungry for next year