Monday, August 10, 2009

Recovery on the road


Under a week to go until the 2009 World Championships. I'm excited. I had a great 10 day training camp in Whitehorse with lots of quality time on maps and high intensity training. Some warm weather made for excellent heat training as well.

And then it was time to rest. Not total rest, because that only does so much good and drives me nuts. I always say that recovery is one of the most underestimated, but important aspects of a good training program. I won't share all my secrets, but one of the most important parts is eating good food. Compression socks and ice baths are a close 2 and 3! On the right, some of my fav's. Yam fries, killer salad, salmon, steak. Oh yea, and local wine :)

Now waiting for my first flight, my bag is fully stocked with good recovery food. The work has been done and just the last 1% matters now! So after all the hard work and attention to details over the last year, there's no way I'm leaving the next 36h of travel up to random chance airport food!

Two giant salads (one with chicken and local BC blue cheese...mmm), cucumbers, almonds, oatmeal with nuts and berries for breaky, hard boiled eggs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck dude!

your dedication and attention to all aspects of training will bring mega results. MW