Thursday, August 20, 2009

Top 40!


Yesterday was a big day here in Hungary! I broke into the top 40 in the Sprint for a new PB on the world stage. My qualification race in the morning went well as ran a safe race and placed 11th of 37 to make the top 15 cutoff. I was very motivated to perform to my capabilities, so was happy with the morning's run.

I was definitely tired for the afternoon's final, but ran another good race to finish up in 38 of 46. I ran technically well and pushed to my physical limits, so I am satisfied and content with the day. But of course already hungry for more next year :)

We're off to the relay soon, the final event of the week. Thanks for all the support from everyone watching from home and here in Hungary! I'm looking forward to sharing the stories when I get back to Canada.

A relay viewer's guide is up on the Team Canada Blog

1 comment:

Brent said...

Great stuff! Congrats.