Thursday, April 15, 2010

Flying start to the spring

My domestic spring racing season started in Ohio last weekend with the Flying Pig. It's been a while since the last race, so I was eager to put my winter training to the test. I pulled off a win at each of the 3 races, so am happy with that...though results were only secondary goals! It was a good weekend and I'm fairly satisfied with where I'm at right now. The nav side was really solid, but my physical training is a bit behind. That will come with time. Most importantly, it is a good benchmark and gives us lots of things to work on over the next while.

This weekend, I'm back state-side for a training camp with the CSU crew. The legendary Harriman State Park will be our playground for the next 4 days!

On Saturday's long distance race, there was a pretty good leg about 75 minutes into the race to checkpoint 14. Which way would you go? Bear in mind - almost the end of the race, the hills are slippery, trails are only so-so with all the horse traffic, and the green wasn't too bad!




No comments: