Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When the water falls

Canmore is a rainy place these days...which is weird, because it never rains in Canmore. But it is, so I am working inside and enjoying some training in toque and gloves. No big deal, it could be raining in Hungary! Otherwise, the mountains are amazing and I am enjoying my time here.

On the weekend, Liza and I headed off to Sundre for the 5Peaks race. The drive out was quite spectacular with the foothills in the their glory, but of course the day's highlight was taking a course record on the 10.6km race! I was hoping for a good workout from the race without gutting myself, so it worked out perfectly.

Sunday's event at the Canmore Nordic Centre went well with quite a few new people out to try the new permanent orienteering course. If you are ever in town, be sure to head to Trail Sports to try the course - either by foot or MTB - electronic timing and map for $5.

In other news, last month's Orienteering North America had an interview with me, talking about racing, training, and a few other things. In case you don't subscribe to ONA, you can check it out here!

No comments: